Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kulthau’s Theory and Current Information Need

After reading Kulthau's Theory I learned that there is a set process to finding information. The initial stages are similar to what I am experiencing currently with my research. In the Phases of Construction the theory describes most users are full of confusion, doubt, and then they start assessing and reevaluating by the end of the stage. Right now i am assessing the information at hand which is very little by the way but do have a general idea of what by research will be about. The theory also explains the three realms of activity, which I am using to move through the initial stage of processing information.
As of now, I have little resources on my topic but I know there is plenty of resources available. I will need to find credible websites that explain thoroughly the dot com rise and collapse. It will be harder to find information on the dot com bubble effect on the economy and society but still not too difficult of a task. Resources such as books and written text should be available on this recent event. I am at stage 1 of the processes so I have to construct a couple solid questions to ask myself about the topic in general so i can focus in on the research.

No comments: